Whether you’re feeding a big crowd, or just need a quick dinner for two, Thai beef basil is as easy, perfect and delicious dish as you can get.
2 tbspolive oil or vegetable oil
1 lbground beef 90/10
1bell pepper, thinly sliced
1sweet onion, thinly sliced
6garlic cloves, minced
1 cuploosely packed fresh basil leaves, divided
fresh cilantro (optional)
Thai Basil Beef Sauce
1 tbspchili paste
2 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free alternative)
1 tbspfish sauce
1 tbspbrown sugar
2 tbspfresh lime juice
1. In a small bowl combine chili paste, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, and lime juice
until incorporated, set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until
browned, breaking it up with a spoon and stirring often for about 6 minutes.
3. Add the bell pepper, onion, and garlic to the beef and cook until the vegetables start to
soften about 5 minutes.
4. Pour the sauce mixture along with the fresh basil (reserving a fresh few leaves for the
top) and continue cooking until basil starts to wilt.
5. Serve over rice topped with fresh basil and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!